In 2014, New Haven began a new caring ministry that allows the entire congregation to participate in “doing worship”. On In-Service Sundays, we end our regular worship services a few minutes early and everyone has the opportunity to get up out of the pews and “do” worship by participating in a service project.
Past In-Service projects have included:
- Filling lunch bags with snacks and health food for young children at Bunche Elementary who otherwise would have spent spring break without anything substantial to eat.
- Packing “Flood Buckets” with supplies to help people with the job of cleaning up after a flood, hurricane, or other natural disaster. These flood buckets were sent to the UMCOR Sager Brown depot in Baldwin, Louisiana.
- Filling “Teacher Appreciation” boxes with school supplies and thank you notes and gifts for the teachers at our neighborhood school, Carnegie Elementary.
- Saying thank you to our veterans by sending coats, hats, gloves, toiletry items and a dopp kit to Bryce House, a specialized transitional living facility for homeless veterans who have undergone treatment for drug or alcohol addiction.
- Sending boxes of supplies with our youth mission trip to benefit the Big Creek Mission in Kentucky.
For more information or if you are interested in organizing future events, please contact Jone and Roland Friesen at 918-445-1576 or at firstname.lastname@example.org