Hello my friends,
We are planning to make in-person worship available on Sunday, June 14th for the first time since the Covid-19 pandemic began. We will be asking you to follow the following protocols to help keep everyone safe:
1. If you are 65 years of age and older, we recommend that you continue to follow the safer at home protocols. We will still be available via Livestream.com/newhaventulsa and we invite you to worship with us from home.
2. We will not be having in-person connection groups. We encourage your Sunday School groups to connect via Zoom and have classes that way. If you need help with this, please let us know.
3. We will limit the capacity of the sanctuary and have seating reserved in every other row, separated by 6 feet to observe social distancing.
4. Masks will be required within the building, except for participants of the music team and the liturgists/preacher. Those members of the worship team will be wearing masks at all other times.
5. We will either have the doors propped open or have greeters opening the doors for you to reduce your contact with high traffic surfaces.
6. We ask that you maintain at least 6 feet between you and others while traveling to the sanctuary through the building.
7. Coffee and donuts will not be served at this time.
8. We will not be handing out bulletins, but we will be emailing a copy to you and posting the information on Facebook. You can print and bring a copy with you if you wish.
9. Congregational singing is discouraged as it is believed to be a primary cause of transmission.
10. Offering plates will be placed at the entrance to the sanctuary and you may place your contributions in the plates as you enter or exit. You can of course continue to mail or send your contributions electronically.
11. Please do not shake hands, hug, or engage in other non-social distanced forms of greeting. I know we miss one another and certainly long to have that holy connection, but for the safety of everyone, please comply.
12. All surfaces in the sanctuary will be disinfected each week after worship to ensure a safer environment for all.
13. Please don’t congregate in the halls to visit.
14. If you are experiencing symptoms of an illness, please stay home and worship with us online.
15. Children are welcome with their families, but we are not having any nursery care at this time. They will need to be present in worship with you.
We are also planning a virtual Vacation Bible School (VBS) this year which will start on June 14th also! We are excited about this new format and hope you will encourage your children as well as share it with other families to enrich the lives and educational experience of the children. You can find more information on the virtual VBS 2020 “Jesus Goes with Me” on our Children’s Ministry VBS page and our Upcoming Event page. Now we would like you to register for virtual VBS 2020 “Jesus Goes with Me” by clicking here . We will send your VBS materials. Also, the first few people to register will also receive a free t-shirt.
Rev. James Graham